Knit B-ewe-tifully

Live, Love and Knit B-ewe-tifully

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jill's Perspective - Combining Mitered Square Designs

Today I want to share with you one of the coolest things about a book of 45 mitered square designs (that’s A Knitter’s Gallery ofMitered Squares – 45 Unique Designs in Color, Texture and Lace for those of you who didn’t read the first two blog posts), combining squares. Several months ago, when we were still creating the designs, I got a package in the mail from my mother, Jane. This was one of the squares she designed:

Immediately, I thought how fun it would be to have a square with the lace and garter section opposite to this one. A few hours later I came up with this:


A few hours after that, I had designed one of the garments in the book – Frosty Sunrise. I love how the combined squares create additional squares of lace and garter stitch. Ours is made with 2 colors of Blue Sky Alpacas Metalico, baby alpaca blended with mulberry silk. It’s so soft and warm. Now that the days are getting colder, I’ll be wearing this wrap a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment