Knit B-ewe-tifully

Live, Love and Knit B-ewe-tifully

Friday, September 6, 2013

Jill's perspective - Book launch anticipation is killing me!

For those of you that don’t know, my mom, Jane, and I are about to release our first e-book  A Knitter’s Gallery of Mitered Squares – 45 Unique Designs in Color, Texture and Lace. So, it seems fitting to launch our blog at the same time. Before I get started, I want to tell you how our blog will be organized.  Our first thought was to write each entry together. Then we realized if it took us sixteen months to write a book, we may never move beyond the first post. So, we decided to write for ourselves. Some posts will be from Jill’s perspective and some posts will be from Jane’s perspective.

As I have already said, we’ve written a book which goes live on Ravelry on Sept.10.  Until then, there is nothing to do. Over the past months it’s been edited, re-written, re-edited, cleaned-up and spit-shined. Now I can only wait. It’s a relief and a let-down at the same time. Working on this book, in one way or another, is all I have been doing for the last 4 months. One look at my kitchen floors will attest to that. Now, I find myself wandering from room to room not knowing quite what to do with myself.


On the other hand, the nerves are starting to ramp-up again. It’s kind of like a roller-coaster-ride; the nerves go up every time I send the book to someone to review, then back down when I get some very nice feedback. Some part of me wishes no one would ever see it. But then, why do it?  For the next few days, I just wait. For the next few days, I’ll keep reminding myself we rose to the challenge of writing a book, completed it and did the very best job we could do.  I think I’ll clean the kitchen floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment